Monday, April 11, 2011

It's A Surprise...

Tomorrow is my Granny's birthday. And I am so excited to have done a cake for her. She has no idea, so shhhh till tomorrow. :) I had an idea in my head when I started, but because the cake wasn't a high cake, it didn't work. But not to fear, I am going to tuck that idea away and use it another time. I have a lot of those tucked away ideas. Besides, she is eating most of this cake alone and the last thing I need to do is send my granny into a sugar shock for a design.

Now, for her cake I asked what flavors she wanted. She said her favorite flavors were pineapple and lemon. From the start I thought black, yellow and white would be awesome colors to go along with that. (Only hint you will get on how it looks ) I thought the yellow just added some really good pop to a cake. I am my hardest critic. So...yeah. LOL I liked it but because it wasn't my original idea I was kind of eh on it. But, I know my Granny and I know she will love it. And for the cake I made a cake based off her original banana nut cake recipe. The very first cake I ever made that she taught me. So I made a couple of tweaks, turned it into something different. (Yep, you have to wait for the flavor too) I am very curious to see how the combination taste. Because I am taking a huge leap on this one. But I tasted the butter cream and LOVED it! It was so light I was in love. I have gotten my combination down pack now. YAY!!!

You are scrolling down looking for the pictures aren't you? You can't see the cake before the birthday girl. So tune in tomorrow for the pics of the cake and her happy grinning face.

No comments:

Post a Comment