Monday, April 11, 2011

I Scream You Scream We ALL Scream For Ice Cream

FINALLY!!!! I got my own ice cream maker. I am so excited. There is NOTHING like making ice cream from scratch. And I have been having a ball.

One of my favorite stores is Williams Sonoma. And there is an ice cream maker in there that I have been eye balling foo years now. Stalking the price hoping for at least a 20% sale. Needless to say it is still sitting at the store. Since I am not  in the ice cream making business, $300 dollars is not justified at this point. But don't sleep because there may be Tia's Ice Cream in the freezer section soon. (wink, wink) Ok I digress, so, since it was so expensive I gave up getting one. On this day I was in Costco with my mother and happened down the aisle of the KitchenAid products and guess what my eyes beheld......AN ICE CREAM MAKER!!!!!! It was by Cuisinart. I looked all over for a price and could find none. So I mosied on up to the cash register and get this...$19.99. Say WHAT!!! And my bestie and I headed home.

The love affair we had. Vanilla bean, Toffee, chocolate peanut butter crunch, coconut pineapple...yes!!! And it only takes 30 minutes to make. Danger Will Robinson. It keeps very well and the texture when you first make it is like soft serve. When you freeze it over night it is firm but very soft likfe the Edy's frozen yogurt. Love it. But I had to pack that baby away and put it out of sight. So it has been months since I have made it. But I can make sorbet with it and Italian ice. So I may dust the old boy off yet and bring him out for a lighter healthier treat. He can't come out for ice cream till I reach my fitness goals. But, I may make some so that you can see what it does. And I might just do that tomorrow. I have a birthday party coming up, I am sure that she can appreciate a gallon of soft serve, any flavor she likes ice cream.

Hmmmm the wheels are turning. After the workout, make ice cream for a give away. Don't worry, you won't catch my hand in the ice cream jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment